About Me...

I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. I jokingly tell people that I want to be a school teacher when I grow up. I am a wife, a mother, and a full-time student. I am on an amazing journey, and I have learned so much more than I anticipated. I look forward to what comes in the next chapter of this book called life.

Why I Embarked on This Journey

Growing up, I never imagined myself as a teacher; and I certainly did not have an inkling that I would be going to college at age 35. I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years as well as the bookkeeper for my husband's business; but I knew that when my youngest son started school I would want something else to do. The spring before he was to start school, I completed the process to become a substitute. When school started in August of 2005, I began substituting for paraprofessionals and teachers at Tanner Williams Elementary School. It was there that I fell in love with the classroom. I began to consider going to school, and received a lot of encouragement from the teachers at Tanner Williams. In January 2006, I enrolled in 2 classes at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Now, more than 5 years later, I have an Associate's Degree from MGCCC, and am a Senior at South Alabama. I am scheduled to graduate in December of 2011 with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education.